Saturday, November 13, 2010

TAKE THIS JOB AND LOVE IT!

My heart took delight in all my work. Ecclesiastes 2:10

I could not believe it when i came across this verse. I have never read this verse before that i can remember. Iam sure we all have experienced burn-out and worn-out at work. Recently i was reminded how God gave me the job I have and recently i remembered how i have not used my job as he would want me to. As a friend's children once said "I'm working for Jesus". That's what I should be doing. Working for Jesus! Taking him to work with me. Sure i pray at work but once i really thought about it, it is self-centered praying. Things like God, get me through the day or God, help me this and help me that. I have always said you never know what tomorrow will bring, live with no regrets, tell people you love them and all that stuff. Once i started acting like that at work my attitude changed, you never know if you will ever see that patient again or if it will be the last smile that person will see or how much someone else might need a smile instead of focusing on myself.

Let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us, confirming the work that we do. Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do! Psalm 90:17

I do things outside of work to be affirmed why not while Iam at work. I love to work to honor his name because most of the time that doesn't seem like work. But if you know me, you know Iam hardheaded and sometimes I just have to be hit with a ton of bricks to see I can honor his name AT work. Wouldn't that make work a better place? Use every opportunity God sends me so my work will be affirmed!

No comments: