Sunday, February 20, 2011

I know it has been some time since i last blogged. Iam a blog addict, i love to read other people's blogs. Some i have never even met. Some inspire, give you an idea or just make you smile by simply sharing their thoughts. These blogs are written well, their cute and some are even professional looking. I have been intimidated in sharing my thoughts with you. I do not write well or have the know to make it cutsey. So, you will just have to get past any cutsey or grammer errors if you want to read my blog. I really want to blog. If just one person somewhere out there reads what i write and gets anything, just a tidbit of inspriation then it is all worth while. You just never know what someone else is going thru or what you can say to make someone have a better day. So, here goes....
Our Ladies Bible Study has been in Genesis these last few weeks. I have to admit when we first discussed going thru Genesis verse by verse i just kinda thought O.K. we can just breeze thru. But i was so wrong, i have read these verses countless times and did not get, really get the meaning of just a verse. What rich history we are privy to with this information. It has been exciting to learn from others. You may think you don't have teaching abilities but as I said before you never know. You might just make a comment or give your opinion and it be just what someone else needs to hear to get it! As a women of faith it is past time to step up and out of my faith. God has called us to influence others to grow in his kingdom. If we don't get excited about our faith and our walk with our Lord, then how can we get others excited? Iam constantly stepping back and trying my best in all areas of my life to let my light shine so others will want what I have. As a wife, sister, friend and woman God has given us the responsibility to influence others. Thru joyous, happy, godlike actions i can win people to God! That is a big responsibility! One I have to work hard to withhold. In reading my mission magazine this subject came up regarding husbands and how you can be a positive influence.
The scipture is 1 Peter 3:1-6.

1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2 when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands, 6 like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

Some time ago, a friend sent me this same verse as i was struggling with my own desires or being a better wife. I knew this verse before I read it. I have never liked this verse. I was under the impression that by submitting meant giving in, giving up. But you know what, I submitted with a certain situation and God took care of things. He even took care of things in my favor. So now when I read submit i just think of it as being a partner, coming to compromises in some situations and God will work it all out. So, in a nutshell i just pray that my actions and my love to be genuine and obvious that i can draw people to God. I pray he will show me who He wants me to influence and guide me in doing so.

In studying Genesis, meaning refering to the reference scriptures and really taking time to dive in i came upon a verse in Hebrews. When reading my principles to better understand the verse this is what my Bible said and I will leave you with this and hope it gives you some hope!

God will make sure that life provides the opportunity for us to "put to the test" the truths revealed in His word. "Count it all joy!" Consider it a great compliment when God tests you. He cares enough about you to make sure that you "get it". His purpose in testing us is never that we fail, but that we pass with flying colors.

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!

No comments: