Thursday, May 20, 2010

CATCHING UP

This is my verse for today: Romans 12:9-21

9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[a] Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[b]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[c] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
When i read these words and take them to heart it just makes life a little easier!

There are so many things that have happened in the last month, so many things I have wanted to share but physically and mentally it has just not been possible. So today Iam going to try and catch up with the short version. A fresh start, which is the way I feel today, fresh, uplifted and normal! Today is the first day I have not woken up with a headache! Maybe because yesterday I finally decided it was just all up to God, i will complete the testing but Iam giving it over to God and fully trusting in Him. Most of you already know the story, basically I have had some spells where I mentally check out for whatever reason, nobody knows. Scary! By the grace of God the first time it happened I was place in good hands. Thanks, Rachael for taking care of me. Thanks, Kip for caring and understanding. Thanks to all of you who have prayed, called and sent cards. By the way, Danny has been amazing thru all of this! I thank Him daily for giving me a loving husband. God always has a plan whether we like it or not. In the last week he has showed me some of his plan. Iam so happy to hear God speak! Which brings me to my bible study. We just finished our book, Experiencing God. I have learned so much from this book but most of all that I have to make adjustments in my life, be obedient in doing what God ask me to do and in the end but most important to have faith. I can see now that one of my problems was I have made few adjustments in my past, nor was I listening. The past few months have been different, I pray the my ears and eyes will continue to be open and Iam on his path.
As for my grandmother, my Mom and I had an enjoyable long dinner, just the two of us after one of those lengthy dr. visits. We talked about lots of things, some that needed to be said. All the sudden this happy feeling came over me. I began to remember and talk about the fun things I did with my grandmother and I realized I really did love her. I will share one story because I think it is funny, she use to dress us up and take us to really nice restaurants when she lived in Atlanta. We would put on our Sunday best and my favorite time was when she took me to the Swan's House. It was definitely not a place for children and Iam sure eyes rolled as we walked in as mine do in the same situation. I remember the chairs were pink velvet. For dessert, she always let me get dessert, I don't remember exactly what it was but I remember it stood tall and was in the shape of a swan. Now, remember I was only in the 3rd grade so it was a pretty big deal.
Oh! just on other thing to catch up: My BFF from KY came for a long weekend. We shopped, talked, ate, shopped and talked and ate! Then on Sunday (there are 4 of us) headed to Talladega for the race. We call ourselves the Dega Diva's. I know it's corny! After the race we head to the Cheesecake Factory. I know not your typical race fan restaurant but we don't care. We are a very versatile group! Two of the girls I rarely see but we just pick up like ole friends talking for hours. Those are the best kinds of friends! Thanks girls for the weekend, can't wait for fall!
I know this has been long and I will do better at keeping up. I just want to leave you with a quote I heard: When you open your eyes in the morning thank God for giving you a day and decide right then that it will be the best day of your life!!

No comments: