Tuesday, April 20, 2010

STILL WORKING ON LOVE

While God has been working in my life i have learned many things about LOVE. I love Danny with all my heart and I know without a shadow of a doubt that he love's me. That and the vow I made before God, til death do us part, are the two things that have sustained my marriage. But in the last few weeks I have come to realize that loving someone means respect among other things. I needed to show my love in my actions, my feelings. I needed to affirm him. Kinda hard to do when you are going thru tough times. If only i had figured out a long time ago how much easier it made life!
As I posted earlier I was having trouble with loving some people and I continue with this struggle but God seems to keep putting stuff in my face. This is something i came across tonight and how true it is!

Everybody's busy with their own situation
Everybody's lost in their own little world
Bottled up, hurried up trying to make a dream come true
They don't understand
Everybody's living like there ain't no tomorrow
Maybe we should stop and take a little time
'Cause you never really know what your neighbors going through.
And the song goes on (by Sawyer Brown if you want to hear the whole song)
Isn't this so true!
I read on and came across this:
That God sees my sin and looks on me with love is mind boggling. How can I accept that love and not at least attempt to offer it to others? Because there is not a thing that I have done to deserve mercy like that. From a human perspective that person who is quick to judge probably doesn't "deserve" grace.
Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God's people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them. Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all!
WOW! That's a tough one!


Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone. (Romans 12, NLT)

If you have read this far then you know I did not post the whole song as I was copying and pasting pieces it got a little messed up and when I went back to find it for the life of me I could not. Some of this sounds so simple but once again I say: but some people you just can't love, some people I don't think want to be loved. In my mind I'm thinking OK i love _______ but I don't have to like __________. But then I read back over what I found and I really don't think that's how Jesus wanted me to love. I'm going to keep praying and trying to love because it's what I think is right. I can't expect God to love me with all my many faults, bad habits, and negative thoughts and not love another one of his people. I truly believe in my heart Iam being tested I just don't know why yet.
Iam sharing all this because surely there is at least one other person out there that is struggling with the same issue. Shoot, there is probably persons out there that don't love me either. I have to say I'm not always the nicest person and I know I have not always been the most pleasant to be around but I'm trying!

Any suggestions or prayers are WELCOME!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny God is using you in a mighty way. Keep your heart open and just let Him do His thing through you. Tricia SIP