Friday, April 16, 2010

LOVING

The Bible tells us to Love One Another, to love others as he loves us. I don't know about you but he must have a hard time loving me at times. I have really been struggling with this. Let's face it, there are some people out there that are hard to love. Since I started praying about this God has been talking because everyday he has showed me something about love. I opened my Power of a Praying Wife book up and their was a whole page all about me. Negative words bring negative results. Yea! Boy! how well i know that one. It can stink up your whole attitude. Our words can justify us or condemn us (Matthew 12:37). They can bring us joy (Proverbs 15:23), or corrupt and dishonor us (Matthew 15:11). Wait a minute, i thought this book was to help my husband? After all isn't he the problem (i thought) No, this book has gone so deep into my heart. It has given me a better attitude, a better outlook, a better marriage.
But that's not all a prayer partner gave me a book called Balcony People. I didn't even know what a balcony person was until i started reading the book. A balcony person is an affirmer. I on the other hand have mostly been an evaluator. Negative, complaining, seeing the glass as half empty.

BALCONY PEOPLE
Love from the heart.
Listen from the heart.
Care from the heart.

Balcony people affirm others and that is what I want to be. I want my love to increase my sensitivity to people around me. I know now i don't have to like everybody, or agree with everything but thru lots of prayer and affirmation i can see the glass as half full.


IT IS NOT ONLY WHAT WE DO, BUT ALSO WHAT WE DO NOT DO, FOR WHICH WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE!

No comments: