Thursday, April 1, 2010

EASTER

I hope this link works. Well, it ended up at the bottom but just take a minute to watch and really put yourself there. EASTER is Sunday! It's not all about eggs and bunnys but so much more. We live in a world where we can freely worship and fellowship any time, any place. We take this for granted because it is everywhere in our world. Other places in the world are not as fortunate as we are. To be a Christian could mean torture, isolation and even death. Missionary's all over the world are giving up their freedom, safety, their homes and much more to spread God's word. We don't have to go to a foreign country to tell others about Jesus, we can do it right here. Start at home with your own family, your children. It seems so simple, you just ask Jesus into your heart. He is there you just have to ask.


The Lord himself goes before you and will
be with you; he will never leave you nor
forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be
be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

To change the subject, I took on my own challenge yesterday. I don't know if it had any impact on the people I chose but it did on me. The more I did it the happier my heart felt. When your heart is happy, your happy, your attitude is happier, life around you is happier. A few words of encouragement seem like nothing but you never know what someone might be going thru or their need at that moment. I tell you from recent experience a few words could save someone from a lowly pit where there seems to be no ladder.
I got a new book at bible study last night and in thumbing thru the first few pages I saw these few sentences.
Affirming someone because we respect their human worth and personal dignity is a rare and lovely thing, but affirming someone because of the bond of God's love between us is a downright marvelous experience!

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND SPREAD A LITTLE SUNSHINE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am probably one of those strange people who read blogs from the bottom and go up. So I came to this video and haven't read anything else that has been written.
Jenny, this video is amazing. It says everything that we sometimes try to say...
I hope you don't mind but I am going to try to post on my facebook. I think it has the ability to change live. Brad and Sarah - God is proud of you! And Jenny, he is proud of you too!!!! Stephie